Prof. Dr. Joachim Vogt
work +49 6151 16-24081
After obtaining his doctorate and habilitation on psychophysiological stress or rather sustainable development in air traffic management, Joachim Vogt was appointed to the University of Copenhagen in 2004. There he researched and taught on the topics of safety, health, and sustainability with a special focus on people as their designers, beneficiaries, and endangerers.
In 2007, he joined Deutsche Flugsicherung in a validation project for the Single European Sky or rather the company-wide Critical Incident Stress Management CISM.
Since 2009, Joachim Vogt has headed the Research Group for Work and Engineering Psychology FAI at the Technical University of Darmstadt. In 2018/19, he was one of the initiators for the foundation of the specialist group for Engineering Psychology in the German Society for Psychology DGPs, to whose leadership he was elected.
The essential field of activity today is the design of complex socio-technical systems in interdisciplinary cooperation with the technical departments of the Technical University of Darmstadt. The FAI has individual teaching, self-administration, and research collaborations into all departments. Collaboration in the network exists with the profile area Cyber-Security, the project KI²VA (german acronym for competence development interdisciplinary and international from the very beginning; Kompetenzentwicklung interdisziplinär und international von Anfang an), Mechanical Engineering (especially mechatronics and flight systems) as well as Civil and Environmental Engineering (municipal development, control rooms e.g. in water management).
- Designing work and products with people in mind, e.g. future workplaces, software or prostheses
- Measure / optimize stress / strain, e.g. psychophysiological stress measurement
- Improve critical incidents, accidents, and handling in socio-technical systems
- Develop leadership and organization, e.g. balanced scorecard health, shift work, performance
- Evaluate and design interdisciplinary teaching
- Optimize environmental behavior/experience, e.g., noise control, recycling, housing
- Improve usability of information/communication technology (safety, security, privacy)
|2011 – 2015||Vice Dean of the Faculty of Human Sciences FB3|
|2011 – 2013||Executive Director of the Institute of Psychology|
|Since 2009||Head of the research group Work and Engineering Psychology FAI|
|2007 – 2009||Research Management and Human Factors Officer, Deutsche Flugsicherung DFS|
|2004 – 2007||Associate Professor Work and Organizational Psychology, Copenhagen University|
|1993 – 2005||Scientific employee/assistant at the Universities of Düsseldorf and Dortmund; doctorate in 1998 on psychophysiological stress of air traffic controllers; habilitation in 2003 on sustainable development of air traffic management|